BECOME A PERSONAL COACH
What is a personal coach?
Personal Coaches partner with clients seeking self-directed, lasting changes, aligned with their values, which thriving, productivity, health and happiness. In the course of their work, personal coaches display unconditional positive regard for their clients and a belief in their capacity for change, and honoring that each client is an expert on their life, while ensuring that all interactions are respectful and non-judgmental.
To begin: Verify your educational eligibility for the personal coach certification track.
1. Associate’s Degree or higher that is not in an area of Allied Health (such as English, Accounting, Political Science) OR
2. Any fitness certification (personal trainer, group exercise, etc.) OR
3. Current health-related certifications or licenses such as: Acupuncture, Certified Dental Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Certified Pharmacy Technician, Certified Dental Assistant, Licensed Massage Therapist, Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant, LVN/LPN, NREMT-First Responder, NREMT-Intermediate/85 or NREMT-Paramedic, Registered Yoga Therapist
Verify your education
1. Complete Core Coach Training
Step 1: Complete the Core Coach Training.
Cost: $1475 18-week & 9-week/$1775 residential
To meet the needs and learning preferences for all of our students, we provide two options for training in Module 1: an 18-week teleclass, 9-week teleclass or a 4-day residential session. Both courses provide the same educational content and coaching practice opportunities. Lesson topics include:
Differentiating the coach from the expert
How to establish growth-promoting relationships
Expressing compassion through empathy
Building positive emotions for resilience
Readiness to change
Building powerful visions
Crafting designs for behavior experiments
Creating generative (ah-ha!) moments
Appreciative goal review
Coaching habits e-course
Completion of Module 1 (including 100% attendance, completion of all lesson feedback surveys and a score of 80% or greater on quizzes) is required for course completion and to receive a Certificate of Attendance.
This module is a pre-requisite for the next step, Module 2.
Step 2: Deepen knowledge and practice.
To further develop your skills, Module 2 offers several live classes and e-courses to deepen your understanding of the concepts and skills presented in the Core course, making the completion of Module 1 a pre-requisite to Module 2. Topics such as Organize Your Emotions (2-hr teleclass), Organize Your Mind (4-hr teleclass+e-course), Wellness Visions (2-hr teleclass), and Generative Moments (2-hr teleclass+e-course) will include additional demonstrations and practice opportunities.
Completion of Module 2 (including 100% attendance, completion of all lesson feedback surveys and a score of 80% or greater on quizzes) is required for course completion and to receive a Certificate of Attendance.
You must complete Module 1 before proceeding to Module 2. Module 2 is a pre-requisite for the next step, Module 3.
2. Deepen knowledge & practice
3. Become a Certified Wellcoach®
Step 3: Become a Certified Personal Coach
To demonstrate your learning, and to pursue Wellcoaches Certification, Module 3 is focused on the application of learning.
a multiple choice written exam
a 30-minute coaching skills assessment
three, 1-hour individual mentoring sessions
submission of examples of goal writing and vision statements
Following completion of Module 3 you will earn the Wellcoaches designation of "Certified Health and Wellness Coach".
To become a Wellcoaches Certified Personal Coach:
Be sure you meet the educational pre-requisites
1. Complete Module 1: Core Coach Training
2. Complete Module 2: Advanced Knowledge and Practice
3. Complete Module 3: Certification
Watch 6-minute overview of the training and certification process.
Hoping to become a Certified Health and Wellness Coach?
Ready to become a Certified Personal Coach?